13.9K views

I was set up with a recruiter who told me all these great things about Swift.Told me that I got paid Orientation, .43 cent per mile once I started, paid holidays,benefits, etc.

I left my job and took an 7 hr bus trip to NY to start orientation. I thought i was hired from what the recruiter told me. NOT!! The orientation was still part of the hiring process.

The Instructors where extremely rude, didn't care about you at all. When I got there I found out the first day that there was NO PAID Orientation. I did and passed the DOT Physical and Road test yet they wanted to put me into a 3 week training program and 1 month with a Mentor driving. I was going to be getting paid $7.25 per hour on the road and the Mentor had a right to go home 3 times and I would have to "Baby sit" the truck WITHOUT getting paid for the down time, then after the month was over they wanted me to take another form of test.

I had to do all of this before they would consider hiring me. The company is a JOKE, the Hotel they put you up in is a JOKE, and they tell you from day one that only 4 people will pass. My first day, they kicked out 8 people for either not dressing correctly or other stuff. I would have NEVER left my job, wife, or children for this JOKE..

BEWARE they suck you in and it's all a lie.

OH and if you get a recruiter named Riley pretty much tell him to eat ****, because everything that came out of his mouth was a lie..Worst Company in the world...

Had an Experience with Swift Transportation?

Comments

I see alot I'd inconsistency with your statement. Orientation is paid, when your mentor took home time YOU do get paid. I don't think you knew what questions to ask and where to ask them.

to Anonymous #1406262

Correct I have a mentor now this is my first week and I got paid for orientation, I got paid for the day I had to wait for him to pick me up and I get paid for his home time while I go home also... we get paid a flat rate of 500 a week with minimum wage for all hours AFTER 40 hours of work

#1341986

Come on man really? Be honest you failed your road test, don't be hating on them! Letem help ya go to the 3 week school!

Lmfao dude the 3 day orientation pays *** money for your time but it pays.The mentor driving your referring to is minimum wage for your home of record while on duty and an additional dollar on top for when your driving.

After that you take a macro test for the Qualcomm then you drive with a safety coordinator to ensure that the mentor is teaching you what you need to know and not just lining his pockets. I work for this company and yeah while I hate them it isn't because they don't pay it's because I'm a *** number to the big wigs.

When I had to have emergency surgery on the road swift put me up in a hotel and payed me layover time so I could at least afford food.They aren't total ***

***!

I totally agree

Eatonton, Georgia, United States #1272561

Yes pay is low, driver harassment is high...

Bella Vista, Arkansas, United States #1252105

Well I am now a recruiter for many (48) companies and Swift is one.This was 100% lies that he just told.

If your a new driver you go into a 200- 300 BTW training you get $9.50 hr while driving and state minimal when not come to about $500.00 a week. When you go back in you re test your backing test. Then they put you in for 36 cpm. Which is a heck of a lot more than most for a newbie driver.

And as far as the instructors being BUTTS. Sounds to me like you were just home sick. Maybe trucking isn't for you.

This is a mans job.Everyone cant do it, or everyone would.

to Anonymous #1272386

Maybe you misunderstood...my recruiter told me the orientation and training IS NOT PAID, but the mentorship is at $400/week...

as long as one is okay with that, it is a good company to train with and drive for at least a year.

They have a lot of perks most smaller and midsized companies don't have...does sound like you're just trying to justify NOT LIKING IT

to Anonymous #1359511

Not just a "man's job". Women drive trucks too. How about changing that sentence to "This is a GROWN UP'S job".